Antergos is for everyone.
The purpose of Antergos is to provide a modern, elegant and powerful operating system based on one of the best Linux distributions available, Arch Linux. Users don’t have to be linux experts or developers in order to use Antergos. From long-time linux users to linux users of only a few months, Antergos is for everyone.
The Antergos Project was originally started under the name Cinnarch, and provided only one desktop environment. Today, Antergos supports multiple desktops allowing users to select their favorite during installation.
- is easy to use and very customizable.
- is free, open source, and based on the fast and lightweight Arch Linux.
- uses the official Arch Linux package repositories along with one custom package repository.
- is fully compatible with the AUR (Arch User Repository).
- as with other GNU/Linux systems, is virtually free of viruses and spyware.
- is building a user community focused on tolerance and helping others.